Monday, February 18, 2008

Two Months Before Your Due Date: Baby Update - 32 Weeks


Baby Brother,

Today is President's Day so we don't have any official school. It's just mommy here at home with your siblings. Last night was Kozy Night in the Family Room. We usually watch a movie or play games on Kozy Night but last night we sang worship songs together and that was better than anything else!

This morning your biggest sister made breakfast, as I rested a "few more minutes". I won't disclose exactly what I allowed her to make, LOL, but she did a great job and I even heard Lamby happily exclaim, "I'm done Yah Yah!"

It's almost time for her birthday party. We'll have it the week before her birthday this year because she has another exciting event to attend the following Saturday (her actual birthday).

This time of year (Spring Semester) is a very exciting time, because all of you have birthdays!!! I feel like every month we're either sending bday invites or thank you cards or planning for the next event coming up. It makes the Summer and Fall nice, though, because we can just focus on Thanksgiving and Christmas and OTHER PEOPLE's BIRTHDAYS!!

I can't beleive Kitty is about to be 6 years old!! She has these long long legs and she's such a better helper, and with that comes the fact that she's a much better talker and negotiator. :-)

Your next check up is this coming Friday. They'll take blood again and see where my iron level is nowadays. Still trying to get it to increase. At last check they suggested that I take the Slow Fe twice a day and a liquid iron supplement once a day. The reason it didn't go up last time could have been because I took it with food sometimes. Apparently it would have been better to not take it at all, than to take it with food. So many little details.

On another note, last night I went to a life team meeting for the CTI Alumni. Daddy stayed on this side of town and took Kitty and Pupster to AWANA. We wanted to make sure they didn't miss that! It was really nice to see some of our fellow classmates and hear what they're up to these days. I look forward to getting together with them more regularly and networking. I know there are many of us who have gifts that can help each other grow in their individual ministry endeavors.

Let's see what else did we do today. Everyone took a nap which was nice. Some days we're off schedule so this doesn't happen, but today it was much needed since I'm getting over a cold. I also needed to catch up on laundry and dishes, which of course never ends.

We prayed together and sang after lunch because we needed to change the atmosphere. There had been some complaining going on, among the brethren that I was not going to tolerate so I knew at that time the Holy Spirit was better than me, at bringing peace.

Tonight, I made chili, thanks to a recipe over the phone, from Granny. It actually came out really good! It was my very first time making homemade chili. Everyone liked it. Kitty said she wants to have it every night. (But she also says that about steak, and stir fry and tilapia LOL).


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Leslie:

I love your blog! You have some exciting and busy days ahead of you. Re the iron: try Black Strap Molasses (pretty decent on toast with butter) and Total Raisin Bran. Calcium helps iron absorption as well as some other foods. Here is a website that I got some information from: http://www.trcc.org/iron.html when
I was in your boat.

Did I know that you are a Delta????

Angelia Clark
BA Chapter, Spring '92, FAMU