Thursday, April 05, 2007

I love my Mama!

I talked to my mom on the phone the other day and it was such a sweet conversation. Over the past couple of years, my conversations with her have changed. We have conversations about deep topics (spiritual and non-spiritual) , sometimes I ask her questions and sometimes she asks me questions. It's really cool, and I cherish those conversations so much.

The other day we talked about the 'notion' of Jeoff and I having more children (or not) and we both shared our perspectives on the possibility. I told her how much I respected and valued her opinion and told her I would take everything to heart.

I won't forget the last three words of advice she gave me.

She said no matter what, if you have more than the three you have now :



  • make sure you don't get so overwhelmed that you don't keep your house up

  • make sure you keep yourself together especially for your husband, and

  • make sure you take time for yourself!
I don't ever want to forget that. I could read something like that in a book, a magazine, online, or hear it from a speaker, but it was nothing like hearing it from my very own mommy.

Thank you Ma!!

No comments: