Sunday, April 06, 2008

Welcome to the World Baby Boy!

Part I - 11 Days Before Your Due Date

(by the way, I do have a version of this that includes photos, 
but I moved it to my personal blog)

I'm over 38 weeks pregnant now so you're full term but there's still 11 days until your actual due date.

Last night was much like last Sunday night. I'm continuing with this pre-labor which gives me no indication of how close I am to actual labor, like I would prefer. But that's okay. I'll be patient.

The contractions last night were from about 4am until about 9:30am today.

Consequently, we didn't go to church today, we had family worship at home. That worked out great. Especially since it was another opportunity for Lamby to get some home training for sitting still and listening to service.

I had a few contractions here and there throughout the morning and they started back a little more regularly at about 3 in the afternoon. So now they've been going on since then.

In afternoon, I had more energy so I finished some laundry and organized the laundry bins, I don't know when the last time was the case but almost every single clothing item has been washed right now! The bins in the laundry room and in our bathroom are just about empty. I even labeled them like Jeoff has been asking me to for a while now LOL. All those clothes are not only clean but also folded/hung and put away. Can somebody say Grace of God!?!?

I also completed Diona's lesson plans and worksheets for the week. How ironic? I never have those all done by Sunday night!

Back to the contractions, they're only lasting about 30 seconds or so and there's not a regular interval...... 20 minutes, here, 9 minutes there, then 14 minutes, and back to 9 minutes. I didn't start timing them until about 4:30 and I'm still not too convinced that this is it. It's now 5:40pm.

I think I'll take a nap after a little while to get some rest. Oooh, here comes a contraction now. Hold on a second.....
.
.
.
.
.
Ok I'm back.

Oh wait I can't take a nap now, Daddy needs to go to the grocery store first so I'll shower now and do that (get some rest) when he gets back.

I can't believe this pre-labor thing can go on for days and days, and weeks for some people.

I'm having flash back from when Lamby was born and Lisa told me that!

Part II - You're Here!

Daddy didn't make it to the grocery store and I never had a chance to lay down and nap. We did shower, at least.

I called the birth center at 6:50p and Carol told me to go ahead and come in. We arrived there about 7:45, she checked me at 7:50 and I was at 7cm / fully effaced.

All the kids were with us and we proceeded to unpack our bags and get ready for the next phase.

Who would have known it would be another quick one. The kids did really well as we got everything together and as Daddy came and supported me during the contractions. Kitty ended up being our photographer for most of the time. She loved that.

Some friends of ours (the Weirs - Pastors of City Church International) came to help with the kids until Granny and Grandma arrived. We were so very thankful for their help! They even brought us some food later. We were honored!!!!!!

Around 8:40, Beverly or Carol ran water for me to get in the tub to relax and just as I was walking over to get in I had to make a U-Turn (a very slow U-Turn) and head to the bed because it was time to push.

Yes!

Our son was born at 8:49pm. Weighing 7lb 8 oz and 20 1/2 inches long.


name..... coming soon!

9 comments:

KatieBug said...

How exciting! My last two were both 11 days early. :)

Anonymous said...

Praise God!!! We're sooo excited for you guys. Congrats Leslie & Jeff!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!!!! He is beautiful. I pray for a speedy recovery for you. Now the fun begins!
Angelia C

TanyaBee said...

God is so good! I am so happy for you Leslie! He is so dear...I will give you a call soon, I'd love to bring you a meal!
Enjoy your "babymoon"! love, Tanya Bartholomew

Anonymous said...

hip hip hooray! congratulations from z josh and courty.

Anonymous said...

Leslie,

I knew you were in labor since I did not see you yesterday. You look absolutely beautiful and he is so handsome. Congratulations!!!!Praise GOD for quick delivery. I am working through my labor now dialated at a 2 this morning hanging in there.
Love Chaka

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you all and Praise God for such a speedy and safe delivery!!
He looks absolutely beautiful and healthy, just like his big brother and sisters :-)
Please let me know what size habipadcover you would like. I would love to send you one for the new baby!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, knowing Jeff for about twenty years now (since 7th grade), he is so blessed with a wonderful wife who is selflessly willing to give him such a beautiful family. I pray God's blessings on your marriage in that He may add riches to it through your seed. Praise God for new life!!! -Jason and Katrina (and Eve, Sariah, and Jacob)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! What a beautiful little boy and a wonderful labor story.