Thursday, April 03, 2008

2 weeks before your due date


It's now two weeks before your due date and it's been somewhat of an eventful week. The week began with me beginning to think you were going to come much sooner than your due date!

I wrote about it in a previous post but, I had contractions for a couple of hours in the middle of the night Sunday night and some of the morning on Monday. I think all they did were got my cervix a little more effaced (thinned out). But that's a good thing. It's better than labor starting and my cervix still being hard and thick - I know that may have been a TMI foul LOL. I had a check up yesterday and found out the information about my effacement. I'm 70% effaced and still dilated about 2cm. I measured a little over 43 inches around. I forgot to ask what your station was. Last time I believe I was at -3 which is pretty high up still. Looking in the mirror, it appears that you're starting to drop. Hopefully I'll get to take another one of the comparison pictures so I can see the difference.

Since reality is setting in, I've been walking a lot more lately. ...... around the neighborhood with the kids and also at the park up the street after Daddy gets home from work. I've also been practicing more kegel exercises and squats.

Today we had school as usual and this afternoon took your big brother to soccer practice. He was a bit cranky when we arrived because he had taking about a fourth of a nap in the car on the way there. I ran back up the hill to me and told me he wanted to go to sleep, after about 3 minutes of practice. I told him he had to stay and the if he ran back down to the field it would help him wake up. He did so, but he was still pretty out of it through practice. Poor Buddy's little allergies have been kicking his behind this season, especially with the watery and itchy eyes!!

At the end of practice he ran back up the hill with a big smile on his face because he know we were going to the park next door to play and that dinner time was soon.

Tonight your siblings really wanted to watch Cherub Wings so we watched it on Netflix's Instant Play. It's a very good show. Not really silly like some of the Christian cartoons and it includes several really good lessons. The one we watched tonight was called Moldy Gold and it taught them about putting their treasures in heavenly things, instead of things on this earth...... and valuing the things that we have vs. all things we could want (covet) and ask for over and over...... and how it's more important to have a heart like Jesus than have things that will make you popular and well-liked by people. Really really good little show. I highly recommend it.

We're still anxiously awaiting your arrival. I'm torn between wanting to see your face right now and relaxing until the times comes and enjoying a little more rest. One thing is for sure, the contractions Sunday night made us get a little more serious about preparing for labor. I've been reading and reviewing a lot more about relaxation, accupressure and such and Daddy went to the store the next day to buy all the things on the list, that we'll need to take to the Birth Center - newborn pampers, receiving blankets, Depends, olive oil, wheat thins, a black & white disposable camera, juice, Lanshinoh, and take home outfit. Oh, I still need to make a rice bag and get my music cd and candles together.

All the bags are packed and in the trunk (except snacks and orange juice which had to be refrigerated of course.)

Well, that's about it for now, little guy. Wuv you!!!!!

No comments: