Tuesday, November 04, 2008

President Elect, Barack Obama


Although I don't agree with most of the views of the party, watching the speech and news coverage gave me chills. Especially, when my classmate Roland Martin (CNN Advisor) shared his point of view and shed tears. Jesse Jackson as well. And talking to my children, as they watched the victory speech, about the fact that mommy and daddy did not vote for this President but we will respect him and support him. We also talked to them about the historical impact this is on our country, having elected its first black president.

Having said all that, above being black, and above being a citizen of this nation, I am a Christian. As we've followed these campaigns we've considered all t he issues and I kept coming back to the enduring values that I find in the Word of God.

I pray for all the issues and battles we as Christians will face in the years to come, namely - abortion, same-sex marriage, healthcare, welfare, economy, taxes, national security, etc.

If nothing else, I look forward to seeing how this administration will encourage people to work together in communities and share their opinions on how things should be done.

I also look forward to following a 3rd party on local and national levels, that I've come to know and respect through my husband's research and influence. The Constitution Party

Seven Principles of the Constitution Party are:

1. Life: For all human beings, from conception to natural death;
2. Liberty: Freedom of conscience and actions for the self-governed individual;
3. Family: One husband and one wife with their children as divinely instituted;
4. Property: Each individual's right to own and steward personal property without government burden;
5. Constitution: and Bill of Rights interpreted according to the actual intent of the Founding Fathers;
6. States' Rights: Everything not specifically delegated by the Constitution to the federal government is reserved for the state and local jurisdictions;
7. American Sovereignty: American government committed to the protection of the borders, trade, and common defense of Americans, and not entangled in foreign alliances.

No comments: