Friday, November 14, 2008

My Husband Rocks & Farewell to Uncie

Disclaimer: I do these "My Husband Rocks" posts because I saw the idea on Katy Lin's site and I thought it was a good idea to do, as it helps me to focus in on the good of my hubby especially when things are tough. Hopefully I'll be able to go back to these and read them during any tough times that come. And they do come....... Don't believe me? Read what I wrote about "Winding down in the fire," or "Do you and your husband argue?" or "Does your husband get on your nerves???!!!" Those articles show that sometimes I think he's a straight-up knuckle head but even then, I have to remind myself of the good and remember that beneath all that flesh, ... My Husband Does Rock!!

My Husband Rocks
This post is is being automatically published while I'm away from home. I again scheduled it in advance since I'd be out of town for the weekend.

Baby boy and I are traveling to Nevada this weekend for my uncle's funeral. My uncle, James "Peter" Wilson, better known as Uncie was one of my mom's 2 brothers and he lived in Las Vegas most of his adult life. He passed away from an apparent heart attack and we're going there for his funeral. My mom, other uncle, and one of my sisters are going there as well, but on different flights. My uncle has a daughter, son, grand daughter, and great grand daughter (just born last month) who live there as well. I look forward to seeing them after many many years!

While I'm here in Vegas, Jeoff is home with the other kiddos doing the daddy thing, which they love so much! He's even taking them to one (maybe two) birthday parties. Woo hoo!

Thank God for Daddies and Thank God for husbands!!!!

Uncie, I look forward to seeing you on the other side. We will cherish all the good memories that are left here in our hearts...........

1 comment:

katylinvw said...

i'm sorry for your loss, but i hope that you have a good time with your family.

my post today was very similar to yours :) - thanks for sharing!