Monday, February 16, 2009

Homeschool Month 6: Looking for School Room Setup Ideas

I recently rearranged the room where we do most of our indoor learning and discovery.  So there are very little posters, maps, etc.  I'll be starting from scratch again so I'm looking for new ideas and would like to see some pictures of what you have in your learning room, school room, or whatever you call it.  I realize that many of us don't do school in one room only but whatever ideas you can share, please do.

You can include a link to your blog with a description/photo(s) or just describe it in the comments.

Thanks in advance!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope it's not to late to participate in this. I haven't been to the Homeschool Lounge in quite awhile, so I just saw it.

I did a post about our "school area" here:

http://lifenurturingeducation.com/2008/11/07/our-school-room/

The thing I like the most is having a craft table. We really don't have very many "school" type decorations other than bookshelves and we recently acquired a globe. I am using one empty shelf to create a sort of nature table. (That is not in the pictures, because I just added it.) Hope that helps some!

Do you have pictures of your room yet?

Anonymous said...

Hi Leslie,
I hopped over from your question on the Homeschool Lounge, Texas group. Here is a post on my blog about our room.

http://isaiah5413.blogspot.com/2008/02/where-do-you-homeschool.html

Judy Dudich said...

I left a comment on the lounge at your post...but wanted to leave one here too!
You can visit our school room
at: http://www.momoften.webs.com/
On the homepage click on OUR SCHOOL ROOM!
You have a lovely blog!

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Anonymous said...

good points and the details are more precise than elsewhere, thanks.

- Thomas

Anonymous said...

Great post, I am almost 100% in agreement with you