Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Movie Meme - First Meme of 2008

Here are some of the best movies we've rented in the last 6 months or so, in no particular order.

Would you let me know yours?

Sometimes we're strapped for good movies to rent!

I tagged a couple of bloggy friends and after CraftyCarolinaGirl added comments to the movies in her list, I had to follow suit.

Rented

1. The Holiday:
This was a really cute movie. I wasn't sure my husband would like it but after a few weeks of Bourne and other action stuff he was willing to give it a try. It's a romantic comedy with Cameron Diaz, Kate Winslet, Jude Law, and Jack Black. I love the way it ends, very different than typical Hollywood or even typical society.

2. Pride and Prejudice:
Very fun! Starring Keira Knightley, Talulah Riley, and Rosamund Pike. The dancing scene was our favorite. And we loved the way, on some scenes, the girls talked so fast that you had to replay the scene to understand them.

3. We Are Marshall:
Classic true football story. Loved it. I love sports!

4. Pride :
Very interesting role played by Terrance Howard. He gets a job at an old recreation center, and ends up revamping it by putting together an incredible swim team. Howard's character, an extremely good swimmer, was denied the opportunity to compete as a swimmer in his younger years, because of his race, so he's perfect for coaching these young students. Also starring Bernie Mac and Tom Arnold.

5. Spider Man 3:
One of my kids' favorites this year! It became a little much with the multiple villains but the action was incredible.

6. Bourne Supremecy:
The 2nd in the Bourne trilogy. My husband got me into these and I actually like them. I like almost anything with Matt Damon. I think this one is the best of the three.

7. Bourne Ultimatum:
The supposed end of the triology. Very good. Bourne is crazy good at the get away as usual!

8. Facing the Giants :
Another good football story. The great thing about this one is that it's written and produced by volunteers members of a church in Georgia.

9. Air Buddies:
Very cute. It was watched at our house, about 45 times before we had to ship it back to Netflix. B-Dog got on my nerves with his wanna-be hip-hop talk though.

10: Ratatouille

11. Meet the Robinsons

12. The Wild

13. Pursuit of Happyness

At the Theatre
These are the few we've seen at the theatre. Loved them all, except one of the scenes on Die Hard was a little too much for me.

1. The Great Debaters
2. Why Did I Get Married?
3. Live Free or Die Hard

Movies I Want to See Sooon
1. There Will Be Blood
2. First Sunday
3. The Atonement - looks interesting but may be a little to much; we'll see
4. The Water Horse
5. The Game Plan
6. National Treasure
7. This Christmas
8. The Perfect Holiday
9. Charlie Wilson's War
10. The Bucket List

7 comments:

Amico Dio said...

We have quite a few favorites in common. I am a huge Bourne fan! I just posted mine here:
http://www.inpursuitofproverbs31.com/2008/01/movie-meme.html

I want to see the great debaters. I am anxious for it to come out on DVD!

Happy New Year to you!

KeeperatHome said...

Happy New Year! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I saw you tagged me for a meme, but I'm still new to much of the blogosphere protocol and am not sure how I need to respond!:-) Please let me know what I'm supposed to do. Thanks! In Christ, Talya

Melissa said...

Thanks so much for tagging me!

I am not the greatest person to recommend movies, mainly because it has been forever since I've seen anything new, but I listed 13 on today's post.

Maybe some of them will spark your interest. :)

Dria said...

Hi Leslie,

Thanks for tagging me! Since this is my first tag I wasn't sure if I just reply on my blog or if I reply here on your blog. So, I posted it on my blog at http://embracedbygrace.blogspot.com/.

Much love,

Alex

Kyra said...

Thanks for tagging me! Not a super Meme for me, but I've posted it!

Happy New Year!
Kyra

http://kmcquary.blogspot.com/2008/01/tagged.html

Mary@notbefore7 said...

Thanks for the tag...right now I haven't gotten a moment to post, but I'll try to soon and I will let you know!

Melissa said...

Thanks for tagging me! I posted my meme tonight. Come take a look!