Wednesday, May 28, 2008

More and more alert!

I noticed that yesterday our baby reached that more-alert-point where babies (well at least for my babies) can do these things for longer periods of time without crying

- lay on the bed
- sit in the bouncer longer
- and thanks be to God... he can ride in the car longer

We ran an errand this morning and there was no crying in the car at all. Halle -- lujah! My last two babies are not like the typical babies who immediately become quiet and fall asleep when the car begins to stroll. They're often quite the opposite. They've been known to cry and cry and cry until we pull into the garage and stop the car :-)

This is a big big big relief to me because it allows me to get more things done and I can select the times for baby holding and cuddling.

Before this point, if baby was not sleeping, he was either wanting to nurse or wanting to be held. So I would feed him, burp him and cuddle him and he'd sit or lay alone for a very little while, but before long it would be back to feeding or cuddling again until his next nap. I think he figured "as soon I wake up I need to eat" and "to go to sleep I need to eat".

That was fun and cute and I'd love to be able to do that all day but there's lots and lots of work to be done, books to be read, food to be prepared, dishes to be washed, showers and baths to be taken, clothes to be washed, folded and put away, ..... you know the drill. --- reality!

So I'm glad baby is starting to grow up.

This is also making things more fun because he's smiling more and starting to coo. So so cooot! (get it ... cooot :-) LOL )

No comments: