Friday, September 26, 2008

My Husband Rocks Friday


My husband rocks because we're going on a date night Friday night. We're going to see the movie "Fireproof"!


(Also because it's actually Thursday night, I'm scheduling this post while I'm here at the library and he's home playing baseball in the back yard with the kids). This is my lesson planning (and get some other things done) night.

We've had some "intense discussions" this week and no matter how intense it got, he came back and told me that no matter what we disagree about and go "toe to toe" about, he loves me and knows that our marriage is great!!!!! During times when I am tempted to think that he's totally disappointented in my behavior, he (most of the time) :-) comes back to me saying I know the real you and I trust what God is doing in our marriage. He tells me we DO have a good marriage, because of God's hand!

And it is so true. Beneath all the flesh is our spirit, our spirit which is connected through God the Father. And THAT is the Love that keeps us together! It is only through Him that we are able to love each other through difficult times and the everyday stresses of life.

Sing with me "na na na na..... na na na na". Send me a comment if you know what song I'm talkin about.

Back to the movie, I absolutely cannot wait to see it. There were some free screenings available before opening night, but I'm actually glad that we're going to be paying for it and contributing to their opening weekend box office numbers. I hope you see it too!

By the way, go to KatyLin's Blog and see the cool giveaway she's doing through October 2!

3 comments:

katylinvw said...

the only na na na song i can think of it "waves of mercy, waves of grace, everywhere i look, i see your face, your love has captured me, oh my God, this love, how can it be!!!!" is that the one you're talking about?

praise the Lord for holding our marriages together!

be sure to stop by and enter the giveaway!

KayKay said...

It's so important to remind each other after a disagreement that you love each other and that your marriage is secure--and under God's protection. I'm so glad that he does that you for.

I really want to see that movie. I hope that I can find a chance to go see it this weekend. Now, to find a babysitter....

Have a great weekend!

Serena Abdelaziz said...

I'm with Katy on the song.....it's the only one I can think of....

Oh, Fireproof. I REALLY want to see it. I have heard WONDERFUL reviews.

I have to figure on babysitting, too!