Monday, June 18, 2007

Where did the weekend go?

Note: This was a weekend, that was not filled with activities and lots of places we had to be. I don't know when I'll dare to write out all the details of one of those!


- Come home from work on Friday evening, excited that the end of the week is here, ready to "lay it down" and just relax for a change.

- But, walk in the house, and there's plenty to do. Folks are hungry. Things need to be put a way that were not put away before leaving the house this morning.

- Should I sit down and try to enjoy a movie or wash a few loads of laundry or do both?

- I do neither. Because merely filling stomachs and cleaning bodies wore me out. It's already 10 o'clock. I'm going to sleep.

- Saturday morning, it would be nice to sleep in and enjoy the sound of the rain but a gang of people are hungry and need fresh clothes.

- So you better get up, make sure the smallest one has not swallowed a penny or a spider or something like that, while you were hitting the snooze button.

- Before we know it, after we've had some fun listening to music and dancing, it's lunch time then Thank God it's nap time.

- Should I take a nap too? Not unless I want this entire day to slip by with a house full of dirty clothes. So I don't. I work while they nap and get as much done as I can.

- I need to go to the store and get groceries for the week but I'm too tired. Try to get more work done when everyone's up from nap. But they're hungry again. Fix something quick and simple.

- Finally enjoy a movie at the end of the night. "Over the Hedge" Very funny. At least the part I heard. (I fell asleep after about 53 minutes.)

- Enjoyed Sunday worship service. Enjoyed time with family after. Helped Dad set up the printer on his new computer.

- Back home. Kiddos napped. I broke away to the grocery store.

- Back home. Folks are hungry again. Dad fixed a quick dinner/snack, while I finish drying and folding and putting away allllll the clothes. And dressing the beds.

- Let the kids watch the 2nd half of "Over the Hedge" AGAIN. While I lay out the clothes for the next day.

- Wha! Wait! Is it almost Monday again!!???

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OOOOO girl I know. Sounds like you were peeping through my window.

*astra

Chrystal said...

RIGHT!!! This is how I feel everyday. My time is like a blur!

Anonymous said...

I agree with the others do you live at my house too! It is always do I rest too or do I try to get stuff done while she is napping. It's a toss up for me. Pam