Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Giving Flowers!


I read these two posts as I was thinking about this concept. I realize that to some, it may seem a little morbid but I think it's beautiful. There's even a song that was written by James Cleveland which shares the heart of it.

These posts, and this project, speak of the concept that my mother and grandmothers often spoke of as we were growing up. We often wait until family and friends leave this earth and funerals or wakes are held, before we say wonderful words of appreciation about them, how they lived their life, and what they meant to us. Instead, we should give each other flowers while we're still alive.

So I'm inviting you to join me in celebrating each other. It's not held to a specific date or time frame. I'm starting it today and it will continue for as long as people are interested in participating. You could do it for yourself here or on your own blog, and also invite your own friends and family to participate. If you do this on your blog let me know so I can come visit!

For starters, if you want to participate submit a comment below and let me know that you would like to participate. Then send me an email (JeoffsRib at hotmail dot com).

I will create a separate post for each person's case in the "flower shop" and that's where you can go and pick them up! If you're having a bad day or just need a pick me up, you can stop by your shop and read them again. What do ya think?

After you sign up below by entering a comment, I'll send you instructions for the next step. Telling others about it.

Happy flower giving!!!

1 comment:

Lesia said...

Hey -

this is your big sis. Sounds like a good idea. Add me to the flower giving list.

Here's my email in case you need to add it to the list.

Thanx for sharing.
-Alle's mom