Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Happy Birthday & New Blog Theme

Today is my husband's birthday. I didn't post anything special on my birthday so I'll post something on his and do something new for the start of a new year. I got the idea from my friend Chrystal. It's the start of a new year for us because we've just ended our family's celebration season --- from January til July, we are celebrating our kids' birthdays our birthdays and our wedding anniversary.

So after today we'll start over and prepare for next year's celebration season.

I'll start that off with a new title and layout for my blog (not really a big deal, I know) but right now I'm going with Joy n Pain (see the tagline under the title above, to see what I mean by that). I'm also considering Great Stress, Great Joy, because some of the things that bring us the greatest joy in life -- marriage, children, being a Believer -- can also bring us the greatest stress!

Let me know what you think about the blog titles, what sounds the most appealing (I'm being a people pleaser arent' I?) LOL.....

In case you didn't know, my old blog name was Blog for Life and it's explained here.

The next thing we'll do at the start of our year is begin preparing for the next six months of celebrating everyone else -- family pseudo reunions, back to school parties with friends and cousins, parents' birthdays, Thanksgiving, and Christmas!

Pictures in this post ... I included our celebration of Jeoff's birthday. We celebrated on Sunday, at a new play place in our metroplex. We had a blast and it was a super good deal on all you can eat buffet and unlimited rides -- all for $8!

Come back and visit me again some time. I'll be having an online yard sale next week!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm enjoying what I'm reading!

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

Adorable pictures! Oh my!

Michelle said...

HI! What a cute family! Good blog theme! I saw that you went to A&M! I was born and raised in Bryan. Love that you're homeschooling. I don't and I am amazed at moms who do! Oh, and $8 buffet AND unlimited games and rides...wish we had one of those places!

Ed Johnson III said...

Happy B-day Jeoff from the Johnson family. I like the "Joy N Pain" title myself. It has a nice ring to it.

Hey, we are having a Men's conference at Antioch on Friday, August 1st and Saturday, August 2nd. I would like to invite Jeoff (and any of his friends) to come out and be with us for a couple of days. Can he have permission to come out and play? :) Have him to go on the church's website at www.afmbc.org, click on the 2008 HALFTIME Men's Conference link on the left. There he will find all the information regarding the conference. It is only $25 for the entire weekend. He can register online as well. Hopefully, I will see him there. If not, I understand. Take care.

Wifeof1Momof4 said...

Like the look, love the new title!

Adrienne said...

Love the title. The family is gorgeous! See ya on the HSL network.