Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Do We Still Have to Talk?

Oh my goodness. Today I was so upset about something that I won't mention. And we just could not seem to get through clearly to one another ......so we peacefully agreed (yeah right) to go on with get some things done around the house. Since it was important to convey, I later typed out (yeah we do that sometimes) the business details that I was trying to explain. I did that so we wouldn't have to "touch" the emotional part of us. You know, just make it black and white and write it down.... get it over with.

Well, wouldn't you know. I had taken his keys earlier, had them in my purse. When he asked for them, I tried to quickly grab them out of my purse and throw (yes I wanted to throw) them at him. But I couldn't because I didn't find them there.

Major frustration, because now we had to talk again and discuss where the keys might be, and so on. I so did not want to open my mouth and say N E THING!!!

But we Had to Talk!!! I was like "Do We Have to Talk? I would be so happy to continue this silence. It feels so much better!"

Talking of course, ended up being a good thing, because it eventually broke the tension and allowed us to discuss the business matter that desperately needed both our attention.

No deep lesson here, just sharing..... Because I was oh so mad!!!!

No comments: