Monday, July 31, 2006

"Crystals" all over the wash load - July 31 Part III

So I go to the washer to remove my last load of the night, open the lid and to my surprise and kenfewshen, I see white, shiny crystals all over the fleece blankets and everything else. I'm like what in the ……. world is this? I removed part of the load and there we have it, most of the innards of a Huggies brand pull-up stuck to the side of the washer. The rest was intertwined into the fabric of every item in the washer. Now, after doing tons of housework ALL day, I have to take everything out, dig out the remains of the demoslished toddler training pants, and rewash everything.... everything!

That means another 30 minutes for it to finish washing, then and only then put it in the dryer. Why me! Why didn't it work out the way I planned? Aaaaaarrrrggghhh!

How did I make it through? Humor and Grafefulness

I had to laugh at how funny the "stuff" looked in the washer. And it made me think of all the times (just a few right?) when I saw those "crystals" on my boy's bottom because the pull-up was left there a tad bit too long. And I was grateful that all of the other GOOD things had happened throughout the day and the weekend, to make up for frustrating ones like these.

No comments: