Thursday, July 27, 2006

Sometimes do you miss being by yourself?

Part 4 of 4 in a dialogue I recently had with a friend.

Question: Sometimes do I miss being by myself?

Answer: NEVER

ABSOLUTELY NEVER

Not because I was lonely, but because now that we're in this union, I need him and I wouldn't be right without him. The time window, before we were married, I DIDN'T NEED HIM, nor does a single person NEED SOMEONE in that sense. Because during that window - GOD FILLS THAT VOID when you let him. And when you move into the window of being married, the spouse as well as GOD fills the void. When you're single, He provides what you need through his Holy Spirit, the comforter, through someone else, .....within his will of course. (I was rambling here. It's a paste from an IM discussion I had with my cousin)

Note: I do understand that there's another way to look at this question my friend asked (thanks for pointing that out Pam).

To rephrase it...... Do I ever wish I had more quiet time for myself? Yes. But I understand that will take some effort on my part (to plan it ahead of time i.e. coordinate with my husband's schedule, get a babysitter, etc.) so I can have more quiet time for myself.

I still wouldn't say that I miss being by myself though. To miss something means to long for it. That I do not. (I know that may seem anal. My husband says something like 'I'm always breaking down sentences and questions to the literal meanings of words and stuff'. Maybe it's just because I just like words!) :-)

We all see through different glasses and filters though, based on our temperament and life language. That (what I have written here) is my perspective at this season in life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Leslie. I quickly looked at all of your posts and what good words for married and singles. I am responding to this one because it peeked my interest. I guess I took this question a little different than you based on your answer. Do I ever miss being by myself .. if you mean in the sense would I go back to being single? NO and double NO. I love being married and being with Mike and my Mariah and would not trade that for the world. I do THOUGH miss my moments of being by myself. I told Mike when we were dating that I need "Pam" time from time to time. If I can sneak in Pam time or just quiet time really then I can keep running on. Keep up the Good works! Pam M

Anonymous said...

Hi Leslie. I quickly looked at all of your posts and what good words for >married and singles. I am responding to this one because it peeked my >interest. I guess I took this question a little different than you based >on your answer. Do I ever miss being by myself .. if you mean in the sense >would I go back to being single? NO and double NO. I love being married >and being with Mike and my Mariah and would not trade that for the world. >I do THOUGH miss my moments of being by myself. I told Mike when we were >dating that I need "Pam" time from time to time. If I can sneak in Pam >time or just quiet time really then I can keep running on. Keep up the >Good works! Pam M