Thursday, July 27, 2006

How do I feel physically? After the childbirth?

I feel fat! I had started gaining wait even before I became pregnant with Ja'el and at that point I like the way I looked in my jeans! Finally I had some hips. But after she was born, I weighed even more than I did before which itself was more than what I was used to. So I'm having to try to figure out how to work into my schedule, time for walking, running, ab exercises, swimming going to the gym or something.

I need to give up cokes and sweets again which I had successfully done before (during the beginning of pregnancy) but I haven't been able to shake it this time. At least not yet!

I have more energy when I drink more water, take my vitamins, and when I pray at night and in the morning. So that's really up to me and disciplining myself to do so.

Like in the last 24 hours, Jeoff had to work 7p-7a so I took the kids to church and volunteered in Monte's class, bathed them, got clothes and bottles ready for the next day, read a devotional, sent some e-mails, woke up at 6, read a devotional, bathed them again, gave them cereal, did their lotion and skin cream, dropped them off at school and got to work by 8am.

But I can tell you that IS ABSOLUTELY NOT what happens every day. I can also tell you though, that the days that I pray and read from the word or a devotional that includes his word, I feel like I can do 10x more than without it. Does that make sense? My problem for a while has been that my prayer and devotional time ebbs and flows. There are things in our lives that should be allowed to do so, but not our prayer and devotional time. I'm speaking to myself here.... How else should I expect to get through each day and all of the frustrations that come and go, if I don't submit to him everyday and give him my problems...... not try to take them on in my own strength.

For now I'm just rejoicing in the days that I do surrender it all to him and he MOST DEFINITELY comes through and is faithful to provide the strength I need when I'm weak.

No comments: