Thursday, July 27, 2006

Do you think you all will have more children?

It may be too soon, but are ya thinkin’ about rounding it out to four? …maybe get another little boy?

Remember I mentioned earlier I met a lady recently who has nine children?. I would love to keep going after three and have even more, we just have to get to the place where we know for sure we're going to move forward.

This part might sound lofty or something but it's really how I feel -

The Lord gives us children to be a heritage and for us to teach them the ways of God so they can grow up and impact his kingdom. When I think about having more children to increase my contribution to that, it's very exciting. There are two types of people in the world.... those who have accepted Christ and are children of God and those who have not yet done so. Those of us who have are called to share Christ with those who don't know him. So the more people who know him, the more there are who can go out and share him with others.

So the real part of that of course is wondering how hard it would be to manage them all, will they get lost in a big family and not get enough individual attention, how much money it would cost to raise them and live "comfortably," and yes how much it would cost to put them through college. Those are lots of things to consider but in my mind they are only temporal things. When I'm thinking very spiritual, my thought is this - I should never make the decision on whether or not to have another child based on anything in the natural. Regarding managing a bunch of little ones, ..that time passes, they grow up and before you know it those little ankle biters turn into stable mature individuals who bring you rewarding grandchildren and big family reunions! Regarding all of the financial aspects, the fact to the matter when I think spiritually, is that God will provide for every need we have. The mother who I met who has 9 children told me that everytime they had a child they received a financial increase. It got to the point that they would get excited when they found out they were pregnant because they knew God was going to give them a raise in some way!

Having said that, I still don't know.

No comments: