Monday, July 31, 2006

Long Weekend - July 31 Part I

We had a very long weekend. Good, but long. Friday night we hung out at my parents' place for a couple of hours. The kids always love to hang out with either of their grandparents. It's free entertainmnet! Plus we get to share with them, stories of funny things that have happened throughout the week. And it's just good to spend time with parents, since we're so fortunate to have them.

When we returned home, the kids were all sleep! They went to bed and Jeoff and I watched a movie. Cool! It had been a while. R - E - L - I - E - F

Saturday, we attended an end of summery party at the Montessori school where the kids now attend (I love the things they're learning there). There were tons of parents and family members there and dishes from lots of different cultures (Indian, American, Soul Food, Mexican,..)

The Pre-K Four and Kindergarten classes danced on stage to a couple of Elvis tunes and Moriah impressed us doing The Twist with her partner, spinning and twirling. It was entirely cute.

That evening was Saturday night service, and after getting all the kids checked into their classes I was able to go in and relax and let go of all of my burdens from the day and the week! R - E - L - I - E - F

We spent most of the day on Sunday cleaning up, washing pounds and pounds of clothes, folding and "starting" the put away. How many clothes do these people wear in one week?? Goodness!

No comments: