Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Childhood Meme

This post was inspired by my new blog friend, e-mom. I'm quoting a lot of this directly from her post, about writing an autobiography, and I'll be back with my own answered questions, in a few days!




Anyone can tell their story when they know what questions to ask themselves. The answers are inside you. Read a question and the answer is there. It's easy. It's fun. There are no rules. Tell your story in your own voice. Only you can.


—The Remembering Site


The Remembering Site contains over one thousand evocative, story-telling questions to help lead you through the process. Here are a few examples:

Describe your family holidays.
Did you eat lunch at school,or did you go home for lunch?
Describe your career.
What was the happiest moment of your life?
Your Childhood Home Meme

Mary (mother of 10) at Owlhaven says, “I’d like you all to consider writing about your childhood home… If you moved a lot, it’s fine to pick one favorite house. What I want to hear are details that were important to you as a child: your secret hideout under the stairs... the way your mother washed your hair in the kitchen sink every Saturday night…
Mary challenges us by saying "On Friday, July 20th, put your post up on your blog. I’ll put a Mr. Linkie up on my blog so that you can sign in with the address of your post…"
Thanks for the challenge, Mary! I'm up for it!!


Helpful Questions posted by e-mom.

Under the chapter heading “The House of Your Growing Up” here are a few questions from the Remembering Site to help you with Owlhaven’s delightful challenge.
Do you have warm feelings about the childhood home you remember the most?
What did your home look like?
What was the color? Was it stone, wood-other? One story or two?
What did you look out onto?
What was your bedroom like?
Did you share it with your siblings, or was it cozy by yourself?

2 comments:

Susannah said...

Thanks for the quotes! I'll be back to read what you have to say. {{{Hugs}}} e-Mom

kardel said...

I was just stopping by to thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment, but I have found some great helpful hints here! Thanks for posting them! Now I have a place to start.

I hope you'll visit my blog again soon, I posted an incredible story there today!