Friday, July 27, 2007

Imari Thompson - Cedar Hill Longhorns Football - Rivals.com Article - July 2007 -

{taken from Rivals.com)

Last year Imari Thompson was part of a backfield that helped Cedar Hill to a state title. But a lot of the highlights went to William Cole and Corey Roney. This season it looks like Thompson will be asked to shoulder more of the load.

Thompson has several schools showing early interest.


"We had a great year last season," Thompson said. "With William and Corey we had a lot of talent back there. This year I am ready to step up and be a leader. I have been working hard in the weight room trying to show leadership and I hope all the hard work can help us get back to the state championship."

Cedar Hill has become a consistent stop for college recruiters around the country. Kansas has been one of those schools and Thompson recently attended the Jayhawks Super Camp in Lawrence.

"It was a really cool," Thompson said of the camp. "I loved the campus and I liked all the chemistry I saw with all of the coaches. Coach Tim Beck and I text all the time. Kansas is definitely one of the schools that I would want to go to."

Last year Beck was able to help Kansas land former Cedar Hill standout Dezmon Briscoe. Thompson recently had a chance to speak with Briscoe.

"I talked to him over the fourth of July on how everything was going there," Thompson said. "He said it has been real good at Kansas. But I know he was tired from all of the working out he's done."

Thompson has also camped at Oklahoma State, Tulsa, North Texas, and Houston. There are several schools that have shown early interest in him.

"The schools recruiting me the most have been Kansas, Illinois, Wisconsin, Houston, Colorado, Central Florida, Rice, and SMU," he said. "Kansas and Houston have talked like they might offer."

Thompson has a lot in front of him with a senior year that includes helping Cedar Hill to try and accomplish what they did last season. He hopes the recruiting will fall into place.

"Right now I want to be patient and see what offers will come," he said.

See more football updates here.

No comments: