Monday, July 02, 2007

From the Book, Educating the Wholehearted Child

A friend of mine, and homeschool mom of 5, sent me these questions. They were taken from the book, Educating the Wholehearted Child and I love it.

"Whatever decision we make for our children, be it school, church, friends etc, we should all filter them through scriptures like these below."

Ephesians 6:4, Colossians 3:31
How can I make sure that I am obeying God's command to raise my children for him; to train them in righteousness?

Deuteronomy 6:4-10
How can I make sure that my children's training in righteousness is consistent and continuous.

Proverbs 22:6
How can I make sure that my child will go in the way he should go so that he will not be misled off the path of righteousness?

Psalm 78:1-7
How can I make sure that I pass on a godly and righteous heritage to my children, and to their children?

Psalm 13:24, 22:15, Hebrews 12:7
How can I make sure that my children's disobedience and sin are promptly and properly disciplined in love?

Matthew 18:5,6
How can I make sure that I am not putting my children in situations where they will be tempted to sin, or worse, which cause them to sin?

Prov 13:20
How can I make sure my children's good character is not corrupted by their falling in with "bad company"?

2 Cor 6:14
How can I make sure that my children do not become spiritually, emotionally or socially "yoked together with unbelievers?

2 Timothy 2:6-19
How can I make sure that my children are not under the authority and influence of false teachers or false teachings?

Romans 12:1,2
How can I make sure that my children do not become conformed to the world, but are transformed by the renewing of their minds?

I John 2:15-17
How can I make sure that my children are taught to love God and to do His will, and are not taught to love the world or anything in the world?

Eph 5:15-17
How can I make sure that I am being careful with my children's lives, redeeming their time and making the most of my opportunities with them in an evil age?

Prov 4:23
How can I make sure that I am guarding my children's hearts against all ungodly influences?

Eph 5:11,12
How can I make sure that my children are not enticed by the "fruitless deeds of darkness" or exposed to those things God calls shameful?"

Phil 4:8
How can I make sure that my children's minds are filled with and trained to think about only those things that God considers excellent and worthy of praise?

No comments: